Thread: I Failed!
View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 06:26

Plan: Charles Clark/Atkins
Stats: 164/161/124 Female 5' 4"
BF:28%/28%/21%
Progress: 8%

Hi Chicken, glad to hear that you are sticking with it. and for the record I didn't think you came across as spoilt at all - just someone who needs a little pick me up from a bunch of people here who care and understand what you are going through.

Anyway the gym is your best bet, the body pump classes like Anne mentioned are an excellent way to tone up (weights to music) but I would also suggest yoga. Get a long to a few yoga classes. I am from the gym technique that says no pain no gain.. so I used to laugh at yoga - thinking how can that help me I am not breaking into a sweat. After a 1.5 hours yoga session I felt cool calm and collected - and the next day boy did I ache!! and in muscles that I never knew existed

Also try out the exercise balls for toning up the 'mid' region (the bane of my life ) special k were doing on offer (ball and video) so I am waiting for mine, but plan to do that most evenings at home (be warned you will giggle!! as they can be damned hard to stay on) get them to show you at the gym first before you try it at home as they can make sure that you are doing it right.

Anyway the point she says... stay with what you are doing, some people do prefer to be lower than what the doctors, bmi records suggest. All I can say is listen to your body - does is sound healthy? If it does then you are ok but if it doesn't then maybe that weight to are setting your sites on is a little too low.

But just remember that muscle weighs more than fat so don't dispair leave the scales for a while and concentrate on the feeling good and looking good factor. Not how much you weigh

Anyway good luck and I for one (and I know the others think the same) want to know how you get on a good 3-6 weeks should transform you amazingly

Good luck

Sarah