#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 01:41
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 302/350/150 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: -32%
Default Bicycle trouble

I've added walking to my life, an hour or so 3 or 4 times a week.

But today, just for a change of pace, I got out my bicycle thats been in the garage gathering dust for 3 years, pumped up the tires (they were completely flat) and decided to go for about a 5 mile bike ride. First of all I noticed that walking and riding a bike use some different muscles, and the route I chose was uphill for most of the first 2 miles. Secondly I noticed that the seat is not that comfortable right now. And I finally found out that if you leave a bike in the garage for 3 years, pump up the tires, and ride about 3 miles (just started going downhill) when you are still 2 miles from home........The rear tire decides to release all of its air , you then get to sit on the side of the road and try to get air back in, swating bugs the whole time, chain falls off get that back on, cover your hands with grease from chain, say bad words when you realize the tire will NOT hold air, etc.

Then you can get a nice 2 mile walk home pushing bike, extra exercise. I was very unhappy when it happened but now I can see the bright side of it. I could have planed a longer bike ride and been 10 miles from home.
Sponsored Links