View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Dec-14-00, 13:42

Plan:
Stats: 155/120/105
BF:
Progress:
Smile Meal Plans - craving sweets

Thank you Doreen for your advice. You mentioned about helping with meal planns - that'd be great. Also, when I am CRAVING sweets (chocolate) what do I do?
I had been made aware of this Atkin's diet by a girlfriend who's been doing it for about a year. She's read the book and knows how the diet works. She suggested that if I cannot follow the 20 carbs for 2 weeks that I stay as low as possible because otherwise I might cheat and fall of the diet wagon. Knowing my personality, she is right. I did eat only 20 carbs yesterday. That was largely in part because I bought sweet&low (which I hate) to knock down the carbs in my coffee. With regular table sugar I was getting my 20 carbs in my 2 cups of coffee which I drink before 10 am!!!! That wouldn't really work would it? So I am switching to this sweet&low stuff which is barely tolerable, but tolerable none the less. Now, my problem is sweets. I have never been one to go overboard on sweets, when not dieting if I had any cookies, ice cream, candy etc. it was MAYBE 2 times a month. Now that I cannot have it I WANT IT ALL THE TIME!!!! How do I get through those times? If there's a place on this website that has tips on eating out that would be helpful. I'm not big on fast food but I absolutely love Chinese food and a restaurant near my home has the best food I have ever eaten. My family orders from there at LEAST once a week. Thanks so musch for all the help!