View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 18:28
Registered Member

Plan: My own LC plan
Stats: 303/224/110 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 41%

I tend to agree with Murph on this. At first glance it seems like a nice, secure place to go for those of us with imperfect weights. Then I remembered an article I read concerning how much easier it is for large women to be stylish, as opposed to the days when the only thing available was polyester stretch pants and tent-style dresses.

One of the women being interviewed said, "Designers have discovered we have a lot of money in our fat, little hands. We're the last frontier of untapped consumerism."

Call it cynicism, self-consciousness, whatever, but as Murph says,

I don't want to go to the fatty beach where people snicker behind your back instead of to your face. ....

I don't like feeling patronized.

As for the size acceptance movement, I believe they have done some good things as far as legislation goes, and there's a lot to be said for their message that good people come in all sizes and shapes, but many years before I made the carb=fat connection, I went to the NAAFA website and recall many of them saying that years and years of dieting screwed up their metabolism and they couldn't lose weight anymore.

YES, YOU CAN!

I also learned about chubby chasers and plumpers, but that's a whooole different thread.