#11   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 14:55
Registered Member

Plan: my own/grain free/veg
Stats: 116/115/101 Female 5'2"
BF:I don't know
Progress: 7%
Default just a thought

I am just a newbie at this and of course I don't think that this is acvice of any kind cause I am not a health professional and what you are experiencing is something that should be checked out.

But I did notice that I became extremely cranky when I first started lc. And tired too, Also I had bout of migraines that I could not relate to anything. Did a bit of reading and thinking and here is what I came upt with. My seratonin level was probably lots lower than when I was eating lots of carbs. (cause they raise it) Lowered seratonin level accounts for my headaches, tiredness and irritability to a large degree I think.

Also I was eating lots more eggs than i am used to (before I ate an egg like 1x a month and then only one) I think I have a food sensitivity to them and so i cut them out and feel just fine. I read in Eldon Haas's book "False Fat" that food sensitivities can cause kind of extreme reactions in some people.

As for the irritability etc, I started drinking Optimum Whey in the morning...has tyrosine, tryptophan and other amino acids and helps raise seratonin levels. It has 2g of carbs so I just count it.

My symptoms are almost gone.

But again, this is just my experience. It sounds like you probably need some sound medical advice to make sure you are just fine.

feel better!