View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 11:20

Plan: kISS/Curves
Stats: 319/263/165 Female 67"
BF:49.5
Progress: 36%

I don't believe in cheating. If you eat something that you really desire, and it isn't part of our WOE, then you made a conscious decision and must get right back on track. I know I won't go the rest of my life without a piece of pie or cake. But now I really think about it when I'm tempted.

I had some fried chicken wings (4) at my class reunion last week. Aside from that, I followed my LC lifestyle very well. However for a week I retained water, I felt sluggish, depressed and tired. I was grumpy and had gained 7 pounds. It took me a week to feel better and to lose the added water weight. I also lost an additional 4 pounds so Hey!!. But I drank water like a buffalo at a stream and ate a lot of meat and salad. And you know what,
those wings were not worth it and weren't like I remembered.

Will I eat fried wings again...you bet. But this time I will make them so there will be no MSG, I will use canola oil and I will coat them in Atkins bake mix, adding my herbs and spices. I'll know what I'm eating, my carbs will be miniscule, and no water weight gain. What can I say--its a WOL.