#7   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 10:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Good morning, Lichen,

I think so many of us can relate to your frustration. Sorting through the massive amounts of information, testimonies, etc. It's enough to make all of us sit down and cry.

But I agree with the advice you've been given to far. Clearly, many doctors are not on board with Atkins so far, but remember HE was a doctor too! A cardiologist, who throughout his career of 40 years plus, watched people change their bodies, get healthier and work through health issues by nutrition. Finally, the medical and scientific communities are re-thinking the food pyramid, and the general paradigm we've been trained in.

You hit the same wall I did after two or three weeks... NADA after a good loss of 13 pounds! But that is the time to stay faithful to your plan and let your body begin to adjust to it slowly and over a period of time so that it becomes a normal, natural thing...

Nixing the grapefruit was a good idea... and there you have again the medical opinions being one way, then another.

I don't have a thyroid problem, but I have battled PCOS and depression all my life and it was ONLY when I got armed with solid information and took control of my own body and health, that I began to heal...and I barely have any symptoms of either now.

Please don't stay upset...you can do this!! There is plenty of support, information and motivation right here, and I for one, will stay tuned if you need any brow-wiping, or pats on the back!!

Take care,