View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 09:59
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%
Question What are your physical goals (other than weight loss)?

When I started low carbing last July, I had a lot of physical goals: being able to comfortably walk several miles in hilly terrain, being able to climb several flights of stairs without feeling like I was going to have a heart attack, being able to cross my legs, and being able to ride a bike. I have met all those goals over the past year and I started looking around for new goals to help keep me motivated to lose more weight. While working in the garden this spring, I found my new physical goal -- I want to be able to comfortably squat down while pulling weeds or working among the flowers. Right now, I'm scared to squat -- I don't feel like I can balance at my current weight (upper 270s) and I am scared it will hurt my knees. I have to sit down on the ground or get down on my knees. (At least I am able to get up from the ground -- last summer I could not do that without crawling over to something I could use to pull myself up.) My new physical goal is to be able to squat when I plant my garden in spring of 2004.

What about the rest of you? I am wondering it other members of the Triple Digits Club have physical goals that help keep them motivated to lose more weight.
Sponsored Links