Thread: Zyban
View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 07:43

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

don't know if this is getting to you too late (probably!) but thought I'd point out a few things, just in case...(maybe something here for somebody else's use, too)

first, you take the zyban (150mg) once a day for 3 days, then up your dosage to 150 x 2 , BUT they have to be at least 8 hours apart and try not to take too close to bedtime. Hope you found this out before you started taking 2/day . I'm surprised that wouldn't be in your info with the prescription, but you could always go the zyban website and there's lots there.

I took the zyban and at around the 2 week mark I had a huge anxiety attack and have been having them (along with depression, lack of appetite, sweats, chills and shakes) ever since. Of course I stopped taking them and am now on anti-anxiety meds, had to take 2 weeks off sick leave and am now just getting back to normal. These meds are scary in that they affect everybody differently and are not for everybody. I had mild dizziness, vivid dreams and loss of appetite at the beginning of taking the meds (nothing terrible, totally manageable), but they did take away my desire to smoke (plus the cigs tasted awful), but in the end, I won't every be taking Zyban again.

ANYWAY, I hope they work for you and I wish you all the best in your quitting smoking and LCing, as well!

N.