Thread: Senior Support
View Single Post
  #57   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 00:09

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 325.4/228/175 Female 5'7
BF:mostly!
Progress: 65%

Hi SD......oh can I relate to the friends who think your WOE is unhealthy!! I have three friends at work who feel the same about the three of us that are LC'ing. They check everyday to see what we are eating,,,and mention again how unhealthy it is,,,,all that fat!!! They eat their lo w fat and lo cal stuff...but ya know what,,,,they still look the same!! Meanwhile the rest of us are looking thinner all the time!!
I am losing inches again. I havent weighed in the last few days,,,but last night at church a couple friends told me how skinny I was looking. One even said I made her sick!! I told her she ought to try it.
I have really been drinking the water too,,,,I have visited the bathroom more in the last week than i have in a long time. Made it a point when we go out to drink water with lemon,,,,and last night the waiter filled my glass six times!! hehe
There is a gospel singer (I work in the music department of a large Christian Bookstore, thats how i know this) named Vickie Winans,,,who has always been a large woman. Well, her new cd came out and she is tiny!! I read the article on her in a magazine,,,she said she did Atkins and lost 75 pounds!! Said she did it once and lost 30,,then did it again and lost 30 more,,,then again and lost the rest!! I was tickled to learn that she LC'd!! Another singer,,Karen Clark was large also,,and she had the bypass surgery to lose weight...she almost died. But she has lost a lot now. Someone told me it takes more discipline after that surgery than it did before because you can only eat a few ounces at a time,or its dangerous, I thank God for the Atkins plan!!! I feel like it is a life saver!!
Well,,,,its off to bed,,,looking forward to another LC day tomorrow. Have a great Sunday!!!