View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 20:42
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

First, I don't blame you for being scared.

I also have hypothyroid and am on Levoxyl. I have been on Atkins since September and have been keeping a close watch on my thryoid levels. So far everything has been great-so I don't think Atkins will hurt yout thryoid at all-in fact I have been less swelled with Atkins.

The week of no weight loss is normal. YOu might not lose weight every week-even on Atkins or any other low carb plan. I also took measurements on various body parts (waist, hip, thigh...) and found that on the weeks I don't lose weight, I lose inches.

The fatigue is also normal in the beginning of a low carb plan-your body takes a little while to adjust to fat burning. It will go away.

My advice is -you know Atkins did work for you, try it for a month and see what happens. Make sure you read the book and get in your veggies. Make sure your fat intake is up. Most people here recommend 65-70% of their calories from fat. This has also worked for me.

Most doctors don't know a lot about nutrition, so I wouldn't necessarily take her word for it. My doctor put me on Atkins, for heaven's sake.