View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 20:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 380/380/290 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Confused and trying to do what is best

Hi, guys. I have not really been posting since I started my Induction on May 13th but have become VERY confused and scared. I am confused because I am having trouble with finding which diet is right for me and I am scared because I don't want to fail and gain more weight. My current stats are this:

360/351/128 and I am 5 feet, 1 inch tall

I lost 9 pounds in my first week and a half during Induction on Atkins. It stalled and I did not lose anything for a week. Then, I went to my other doctor and she told me that Atkins was no good and to try a similar diet but it adds grapefruit to each major meal. That had been working but I called my pharmacist concerned about the interaction of grapefruit with my psych meds (I am hypothyroid with bipolar disorder) and was told to discontinue this diet since the grapefruit can cause toxic levels of a certain medication. So now I am back at stage one. WHAT DO I DO?

I stopped the Atkins Plan due to my doctor's recommendation and due to lack of energy despite my vigilant efforts to adhere to Dr. Atkins foods list. I don't know whether to restart Atkins, find a different low-carb plan that is friendly to the thyroid gland, if there is one because my thyroid is rather ornery, or should I just give up?

I got so upset today that I cried for an hour. I am sick of being obese. I am scared my thyroid will reject any plan I start (what I thought my lack of energy was) or any low-carb diet. I am very confused and do not know what to do! HELP!

~ Lichen
Sponsored Links