Thread: Calories
View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 19:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/200/125 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Something occured to me recently...about the 10x to 12x the goal weight thing. I think we might want to look at this a little differently.

It may be a mistake to limit yourself to an amount of calories equal to your final goal weight x 10 or 12 from the get-go. What if we want to lose, say 2 pounds a week...that would be our weekly goal, right? Just subtract two pounds from your current weight and you have your goal weight! Then, when you lose that, subtract two more pounds, and so on and so on...get my idea?

I mean, if my desired weight is 125, who's to say that should be my one and only goal???

If I'm at 200 pounds and want to be at 198 in a week, I eat 1980 (or so) calories until I lose the weight...then 1960 calories until I get two more pounds off.

By the time you get to your final goal, you have eased yourself into a healthier calorie count...without really feeling too deprived.

And, on that train of thought, even when we get to our goal weight (the final one, that is) we shouldn't be eating too little in the way of calories. There has to be an amount that will keep us at that desired weight and we have all this time between here and there to figure out just what that number is.

How does that sound?