View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 16:17

Plan: ?
Stats: 130/125/125 Female 5' 7"
BF:12%
Progress: 100%
Default Hi Everybody

I can definitely relate - I think from an early age I was obsessed with food. First because my mom was an alcoholic and there would be days when she wouldn't get out of bed, no food in the house and I just wouldn't eat. Then my Dad would come by to get me (they were divorced) and he would take me out to eat and I'd eat everything in sight.

I stopped all that until I got so involved in the "fitness" lifestyle and began cutting out ALL fat from my diet. I didn't curtail the sugar - just the fat. Pretty soon I found myslef bingeing on all manner of carbs - cakes, breads, cookies, pizza - you name it - I ate it. I never made myslef throw up because I couldn't stand that feeling - but I would pop like ten diuretics the next day to deal with the water retention, then maybe some laxatives to clean me out and I would get on the stairmaster and do the highest level for like 1 1/2 hours so I wouldn't gain weight.

Boy did I mess up my metablosim, hormonal balance & electrolyte balance. That lasted about 8 long years and it's been 4 years since I've actively binged. I have had an occasion or two when I get stressed out then I want to eat like awhole pizza or cake. It's tough but I do notice that the less starchy carbs I have the better - I seem not to think about food as much as when i have grains, sugar etc. in my diet.

Good luck to anyone who still struggles with an Eating Disorder - it's not to be trifled with and I think this is the best forum (eating plan) for you!!

Sunkist