View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 13:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/200/125
BF:
Progress: 0%

You guys are WONDERFUL!!!

I woke up this morning feeling a little better, I looked at my scale (which I just bought yesterday, first time I've had on in my house in 20 years I think!!!) but I looked at it and walked away!!!

I finally found a use for the whipping cream......I went half an hour without a coffee and decided I couldn't do it so I had a cup of coffee with whipping cream and splenda, DANG, I didn't know how good that could taste!

Hubby is a sweetie and brings me a coffee almost every day from Tim Horton's or Starbucks, I told him that from now on if he does that it's gotta be decaf, I'm going to treat myself first thing in the morning with my regular cup as compared to a pot I used to drink, then go with water the rest of the day, which is easy to do!

I don't have a lot of time to look into fitday on weekends so I will do that Sunday or Monday night, thanks for the advice, that sounds like one that I could possibly follow!

As for reading labels......that's how I found out about the pork rinds.......imagine my surprise when I saw ZERO CARBS and NO added sugars on that, I was amazed, but even then, I was still skeptical as to whether or not I can eat them...lol I don't have a lot in the day but when I do have them, they take away that need to munch feeling. I'm a snacker and those are PERFECT for me as I've always loved them but stayed away because of the high fat content in them! I just don't know how much is too much? Or with those, is there any such thing?

I'm going to go out today and find some potassium, I think that will help tremendously, I need some more energy to start a VERY SMALL exercise program, I just don't have the energy for that yet!!! I've never been big into exercise but we bought an elliptical trainer that I think will help and when I feel comfortable enough I will start walking outdoors, we live in an area where I just don't like walking in so indoors will have to do for now.

Nina, I'm not sure but I think that is normal to plateau a bit but not sure when that happens, think it's different for everyone. Me personally, am staying away from the bars for now, too much temptation!!! I still don't understand the part about 19g carbs in the bar but on the front of it it says 2g carbs.....maybe I should try a diet that is much simpler to figure out, I dunno...lol

Not much more to add right now so I will check back later!

Keep up the great work everyone!!!!