#9   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 10:28
Registered Member

Plan: general LC
Stats: 211/186.5/150
BF:?/40%/?
Progress: 40%

Hi Aurora,
Give Fitday a try.....you don't have to enter the carbs & cals, they do that for you. You just enter what you eat. I hated journalling and all that stuff when I was in WW & Nutrisystem but I use fitday with ease. It's a big help to me. Another tool I use is http://www.nat.uiuc.edu/mainnat.html where you enter the ingredients for what you are cooking and it analyzes it for you.

Many people here swear by ratios of fat to total calories and also recommend eating 10-12 x your goal weight in calories. It is difficult to get that right without something like fitday.

You also have to religiously read labels no matter how sure you are it's lo carb, I almost bought a turkey tenderloin to grill yesterday, good thing I looked at the label! It had 4 carbs perserving as they had injected it with a marinade. Now how "homestyle turkey tenderloin" translates to sugar marinated I don't know..............but I'm glad I caught it.

Salad dressings.....I love blue cheese and that is less than 1g per serving. Oil & vinegar is great, but balsamic and rice & wine vinegars are higher carbs I think.

I take coral calcium and potassium in addition to a multivitamin, that helped me feel a bit better.

Good Luck!