View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 09:04

Plan: ?
Stats: 130/125/125 Female 5' 7"
BF:12%
Progress: 100%
Default THANKS JEN!!!

I appreciate your input. I too noticed problems with my nails on the raw food diet (slight ridges and NO growth). I added raw egg yolks and within one week noticed improvement.

I liked Dr. Mercola's site - he has some good info. I may try to go to his seminar in July in LA. We'll see. I did notice that he is really marketing his NO GRAINS book right now - it's a tightrope to advertise enough yet not seem to be pushing something too strongly!! I love the Weston Price website and it has some info on "nourishing traditions" - I'll get that book soon!!

Like I said I had become so alarmed by not only all the crazy problems people were having with the raw diet but also the propencity for the members of a particular raw forum to address failing health issues by saying "Oh - that's just detox", or "well you must be struggling with some emotional problems and that's why you're losing your hair, no period, extreme weight loss"

What really bothered me is that a couple of young teen girls got on there asking for help with their emaciated condition and everybody was just like "hang in there it will get better - eat more fruit - do a fast or a cleanse"

It scared me to think that if those girls didn't get right answers they could end up in the hospital or worse!! I got blasted by some of the others for suggesting these girls were not healthy and that they should consider maybe raw egg yolks and meats/fats!!

Anyway - now I'm the one ranting

Thanks again for your words of encouragement!!
Sunkist