#7   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 07:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/238/154
BF:oh-my-god!/37%/24%
Progress: 29%
Default BMI 19.9%

Chicken,

I just put your numbers into the BMI calculator I use and you came out as 19.9 which is on the low side of ideal. I'm at 37% now and I'm a very big person so I knew you couldn't be at 34%.

You'd be marginally overweight above 25.8 and underweight at 19.1.

According to the Met Life insurance tables you should weigh between 127 and 141 to be at your ideal weight.

You may think you're overweight and may not be happy with your body, but being underweight isn't any better than being overweight... you risk your health at both extremes.

I would think that at your present weight all you may need is a bit of exercise to tone your muscles.

It would probably be a good idea to see your doctor for a recommendation of an ideal weight based on your frame size and see if your current level of exercise is adequate.

There are millions of people in the world who would love to weigh what you do now. From the information you've given you seem to be perfect in that respect and low carb is a good way to stay like that. Be happy with who you are and if you still want to change your appearance make sure you do so in ways that don't compromise your health.

Take care.