#68   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 19:02
ArtificiallyFlavored

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/252/200 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Wow...

First let me say that auto immune problems AND hypothyroidism run in my family. My mother is hypoT, and diagnosed with fibromyagia, I am hypoT and have most of the fibro symptoms, my Grandmother on my moms side has awful arthritis like syptoms, my Grandmother on my dads side died at 40 from MS (which also has autoimmune links I believe)...

I've always felt like a auto immune time bomb waiting to go off. I have been on Synthroid for years, but I've always felt it was way under treated even though I have the lab work done every 6 months and it says it is ok. (HA! wait till next time I'm gonna demand thyroid antibody testing!) I've had the ANA testing done before and it was borderline enough that with the symptoms I was having my Doctor ordered a CAT scan to rule out MS, but of course you can't really rule it out, you can just say "well, we don't see anything yet".

Since I have been doing Atkins, I've been trying to take a more active roll in my health and improve it across the board... so tonight, I go out in search of some coconut oil... I will let you know how it goes in a few weeks. (I also have a very low body temp, even when I had a horrible UTI, my "fever" was only 97 degrees, which could be why I couldn't fight the darn thing so well)

I'm so glad I found this site!!!