Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Re: dumb stix!

Quote:
Originally posted by loveydovey
...... but i bought the pack so i think i'll use them up...don't like to waste money. and man, what a rip off at Walgreen's! 25 for $15!!!
Holy Moly!!!

What a rip off is right. I have an unhappy hunch that the stores may be jacking up the price of those sticks, now that low-carbing and Atkins' programs are popular. It wasn't that many years ago that ketostix were only used by diabetics, who need to be on guard for ketones when their blood sugars get super high and out of control (different condition, not the same thing as being on a low-carb diet). I haven't used them in a long time, but I did save the package insert for reference

For what it's worth to you and other readers ... there are other very-low-carb programs out there that don't require you to pee on a stick in order to be successful. Protein Power is one, and Thin for Good is another. When they "work", the sticks are a great source of motivation and reinforcement to stick to the program. But when they don't "work", it can be so frustrating. Don't let it get to you, they're just a guide, not the be-all and end-all.

Looser clothes, and smaller numbers on the measuring tape are better indicators of your success. You did take measurements. right??

Doreen