View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 15:04

Plan: Insulin Resistance Diet
Stats: 224/213/140
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi Shelley!
Thanks for the post! I hadn't been around the site too much yet but I'll go check it out.

Just as an update to my first post:
I feel like a totally different person and I've lost 3 more pounds! Think what will happen when I get off my butt again and start exercising!

I've been following my Insulin Resistance Diet book and they explain things very well. I honestly think this is a plan I can stick with for the rest of my life. I don't feel like I'm giving things up and I'm not hungry. I'm still reading the book but so far they have addressed how to link and balance foods to keep insulin levels at a steady level. The basic idea is for every serving of high carb food you have you need to also have one serving of protein. So, one serving to one serving... pretty easy. I haven't had to give up a lot of things like I thought I would. So far wanting to snack on high carb food around 10 a.m and 4 p.m. has been the worst. Coincidently, just this morning I was reading on the Glycemic Research Institute website and the homepage has a lot of good, easy to understand information about insulin and serotonin. Check it out:

I have had one bad insulin bout since I started last month. I over did it on ice cream the other day and I felt sooo bad mentally and physically. I can't believe I used to feel like that day in and day out... it amazes me.

Glycemic Research Institute

The site talks about why diets don't work, about how will power is not a factor, how serotonin works, high vs. low glycemic foods and explains why people who are insulin resistant get fat so easily.

My serotonin levels are getting better. I'm taking med for that and it's making a huge difference in my moods and now I know it affected my apetite too.

Looks like I'm writing a book again. Better end this.

Have a great day! Tina