View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 15:03

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Still a long way to go but at least i can go back to my doctor and demand a solution for my hormones problems (TOM only twice a year) - he (and other i tried talk to) thought it was me being obese to blame for the condition.

Truthfully...I believe it's more likely to be the other way around...you may have a medical condition known as polycystic ovarian syndrome, or PCOS, that contributes to obesity. Insulin resistance and hormone imbalances along with no or very irregular periods are some of the main symptoms along with excess hair in places that women don't normally grow it such as upper lip and chin. Because of the insulin resistance and hormone imbalances, weight gain is almost unavoidable with this condition unless it's treated with diet and medication. The good news is that the low carb is the diet of choice to treat PCOS. Do a little research on the condition on the internet and bring materials with you to your next appointment and at least question whether or not this may be a problem for you. There are tests that can be done to either confirm the diagnosis or rule it out.
I'm not familiar with medical care in other countries, but I know that most doctors here would be very concerned about a woman only menstruating 2 times a year. It's very unhealthy for your body to go that long in between periods unless you are menopausal.