Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 14:26
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 150/143/135 Female 67
BF:25%/22%/17%
Progress: 47%
Unhappy Ketostix Woes :(

Hi all,

Just for kicks, I asked my heavy-carb-eating, just-went-out-drinking-last-night BF to use a Ketostick this morning.

It turned pink!! Meanwhile.........

I'm on day 12 of induction and was happy to lose 4 lbs the first few days. Now I'm thinking it was just water weight, because since then, I haven't lost anything and have been really working hard at this! I bought ketostix and have not hit ketosis yet My carbs are under 20g, and I exercise 6 days a week (I've been doing that for 4 years now, in fact I'm studying to be a personal trainer.)

I know it takes some people longer than others to get into ketosis, and I'm not about to give up. I'm trying to get on fitday to tell y'all what I've been eating, but it's been down all day, poo.

My real question is, why the heck is my BF in ketosis? By no means is he even close to eating low carb. He loves beer, pasta, bread, you name it. Only works out about 3x a month. Not overweight by any means, but not thin either (6 foot, 180)

Could it be he just naturally has a high metabolism?

Kind of bummed out and needing a little support.......I want my sticks to turn pink!!
Sponsored Links