#4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 11:26
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Jinxy:

LOL, that's a good question. She doesn't go into numbers or anything. Are asking how to do everything I wrote down from her book?

Personally, I'm having a hard time reducing my saturated fats. I shouldn't really say that...I've reduced them a bit from when I was doing Atkins, but I just can't give up my 10% fat mediterranean-style yogurt. I tried a whole fat yogurt yesterday and even IT was disgusting. Oh well. I've cut down on my cheese, which I really should do, not so much to reduce sat fat, but b/c of my candida and mould allergies. I found it hard NOT to eat dairy products when I was on Atkins so I've finally been able to cut down since adding some more variety into my diet.

She gives a good synopsis on pg. 245 for what to avoid in the saturated fat dep't. I think it's just one of those things you monitor to see how you feel. Like everything else in her book, it's about balance. You don't want too little or too much. I know, not much of an answer. That's why we need to encourage her to have a forum.

As for the Omega 6:3 ratio, are you asking about that? For me, I have a program that tracks my Omega intake and gives me the ratio. Although I don't "count my calories", I do use my program to help me learn about the SPII program. What can I say, I'm a data junkie. Other that that, it's a guessing game, but probably not too hard. It's hard to get too much Omega 3 so just make sure you take your Omega 3 oil each day, and you probably won't be far off your ratio. If you eat lots of Omega 6 fats (esp. mayonnaise or nuts), maybe increase your Omega 3 oil intake.

I'm not sure if I've actually answered your questions. Nothing concrete, anyway.

Wanda