View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 08:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: -/-/140
BF:
Progress:
Default Re: almost ate some m&m's today...... without knowing...

Quote:
Originally posted by ANewMe
I was unpacking grocerys today and I gave my daughter some M&m's in a bowl and I put the rest of the pack on the counter... and when I was done unpacking I grabbed the bag, poured a handful into my hand and they came within 3 inches of my mouth before I realized what I was ACTUALLY doing!! Like I didnt even REALIZE I was eating candy...

that incident woke me up.. I had to put the cookies and candy in another spot in the cabinets where Im not frequently looking in durring the day...

I almost blew it today without even knowing!! eek...

Isn't that terrible?? When the things we do are so second-nature that we don't even think about doing them? It's like driving to work. You just do it... day after day after day so it gets to the point where you don't even think about it anymore.

Kind of scary to think that this is the point where we've gotten to with our food. I completely understand. I've caught myself doing this before. The way my family eats is terrible. It looks like a candy store/bakery around here. They love their sweets. I just have to completely avoid the stuff!

Good for you that you caught yourself in time. Came out of your "trance" before you did the deed.