#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 07:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/SBD
Stats: 185/166/130 Female 66
BF:???
Progress: 35%
Default Calories Matter on Atkins?

I've seen this idea thrown about in some threads but personally I am beginning to think that my weight loss has slowed to a nil (I was up 3 lbs on Thursday, and this morning I was back down 2 lbs to 171), not because of the carb count but because I was eating too many calories.

That's because I've never been on strict induction--I figure I stayed around 20 about half the time during my 3 weeks but I know I've gone up to 40-50 grams on some days, perhaps more. I still managed to lose 15 lbs because some days I was just not tempted to have anything that was "allowed" so I sat there, even though I was craving something from "mouth" hunger.

But now on OWL I'm allowing myself some berries, nuts, and some sugar free chocolates (only 1 or 2 pieces at a time though) among other things, and I just think I'm eating way too many calories to keep losing the weight.

What do you think? Do calories matter? Do any of you shoot for a certain caloric intake and find that it speeds your weight loss? People think Atkins is all-you-can-eat diet but I'm suspecting that like any other sensible diet, this is also pretty conservative when it really comes down to it in its caloric recommendation.

I'd like to continue losing and lose about 10 more pounds by July 4th, which I do not think is a unreasonable goal...I'm just scared I won't and that I'll get discouraged. =(

Thanks for reading and for your answers!

Have a wonderful Friday~~
Sponsored Links