Thread: Sugar Addiction
View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 01:14

Plan: Ketovore
Stats: 203/173/135 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 44%

This is a good thread Jenny! I was reading over the article you posted and I was thinking about one particular point...
Quote:
He also points out that intense sugar cravings are actually yearnings for sugar and fat. "Sweet treats are rarely just sugar," says Drewnowski, one of the nation's leading authorities on taste preferences. "They are usually a mixture of sugar and fat -- ice cream, cake, doughnuts. Watermelon is [full of sugar], but no one craves that. However, when you bring sugar and fat together, there is this kind of synergy."…
When I was doing the B2B challenge, I switched to drinking my coffee from black to with cream and sweetener... I thought it was just a craving for cream or fat, now I am not sure it was 'just the cream' I always drink my coffee black... and I really dislike coffee and just cream... it has to be sweet.
Quote:
"Imagine a plate of cookies just out of the oven. People who are addicts start laughing at the thought of that. They would eat the whole plate,"…
Yup... no doubt about it! I know I am an addict...
Quote:
Based on the rat study, Hoebel suggests that a destructive sugar habit may be established by a pattern of sugar deprivation followed by bingeing -- a practice common among bulimics….
I am not bulimic... but I know that pattern only to well.
Quote:
"When I accidentally ingest sugar, I am crawling out of my skin. My body knows it's there. There's nothing you can do to convince me this is not an addiction."
I don't do that, but I sure know when something has sugar in it... probably because I haven't had any for awhile... my daughter ordered pizza the other night and I ate a piece... the first thing I said is "this is really sweet" I could really taste it... didn't taste like I remember pizza tasting! She didn't think it was sweet at all. But come to think of it... when I was trying to do the carb loading with pure sugar... my skin tingled... strange... I remember because I thought it strange and posted it in my journal.