View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 18:48

Plan: ?
Stats: 130/125/125 Female 5' 7"
BF:12%
Progress: 100%
Default RGALE::

That's a great way of describing what happens when you do eat poorly. I don't think we realize that our bodies don't just bounce right back from a lifetime of eating. And we think that just because we're eating food of any kind - we are getting nutrients. But it's almost like a negative balnce in a checking account. Everytime we eat junk - we make a withdrawal from the Nutrient account - pretty soon we get OVERDRAWN and disease kicks in.

I have suffered from an eating disorder where I would binge on all manner of carb - trying to keep everyhting fatfree off course- and then I would purge by using diuretics, laxatives or just exercising like crazy for an hour or more.

I never even stopped to think what I was doing to my body I was so locked in to wanting to be thin at any cost. I never gained weight because I exercised alot and I would starve myself on the days when I wasn't bingeing - but I did mess up my electrolyte balances with the diuretics. I haven't binged in like 4 years - but I still suffer from food intolerance and other issues because of it!!