#7   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 15:09
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi DebPenny:

I'm looking on p.278 in SPII where she says not to use half and half b/c it is filled with "other chemicals". But you are right, she also mentions the "lactose issue" so even getting it without chemicals might still be a no-no. She does mention, however, that if you are insulin sensitive with healthy adrenals, you can have small amounts of milk, so if someone who is IS/HA found half & half without additives, I'd have to guess it would be OK for them. Good news for healthy people, I guess.

Interesting what you say about your products in the HFS. Maybe I'm being misleading about my "HFS" bias. HST, I think Canada is a bit more strict, especially when it comes to dairy products. For instance, growth hormones are not allowed in Canadian dairy products. I have yet to see any additives in my HFS dairy products, but there are all kinds of them in the conventional dairy section, mostly in the lower fat products.

Just shows ya, I guess it comes down to the importance of reading labels on ALL products.

Have a great day!

Wanda