View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 12:34

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Low Carb Baker (Vancouver) - Caramel Pecan Muffins and French Vanilla Ice Cream

OMG, I just made the caramel pecan muffins from a mix I got from the Low Carb Baker!! They are *amazing*!!! They are fall apart tender and remind me of the rich pastry in butter tarts or those raisin biscuits/"scrumptions" you can get at Safeway, sorta. The ingredients listed are:

- Almond meal
- Soy protein isolate
- Soy flour
- Pecans
- Caramel Syrup
- Whey protein isolate
- Egg
- Baking powder
- Sucralose

You get a bag of dry mix + a container of what appears to be Da Vinci caramel syrup and you are instructed to add 1 egg, 1/3 cup Becel margarine, 2 Tbsps heavy cream and 3 Tbsps water. You are supposed to get 8 muffins at 3.2 net carbs each.

Well, I don't have any margarine in the house, so I used butter. The batter was very thick, so I added 2 extra Tbsps of water (and could have added more, maybe). I then proceeded to make 12 muffins, so that would be 2.13 carbs each. They are small (probly making 10 would be a better serving), but man alive! they taste good! More like dessert than a muffin, though.

I had also ordered their French Vanilla ice cream, which is 3.57 carbs per serving. It is really rock hard, so you have to leave it out on the counter for a while. It is very yellow in colour (extra eggs make it "french" vanilla, I think) and has teeny black spots in it which are from the real vanilla bean used. Flavour-wise it is very good, but I find it a bit gritty from the vanilla bean. Still, a good product especially when we can't find really low carb ice cream here yet.

These are the only 2 products I've tried from this supplier, but you can bet your bottom dollar, I'm going to try more ! Here's a link to the web page (and yes, it seems they sell to the US, too):

http://www.thelowcarbbaker.ca/

Oh, this is the US site: http://www.thelowcarbbaker.com/products/index.php
Sponsored Links