View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 12:00

Plan: protein power, Atkins
Stats: 275/254/175 Female 70 inches
BF:53/41/21
Progress: 21%
Default My story and I'm sticking to it !!

Hello all fellow low carbers. My name is jessie (messy jessie to be exact) and here begins my 3rd and final attempt at success! I began my first low carb "diet" (protein power) back in 1996. Lost about 40 pounds felt like amillion buck and then somehow let my brain tell me I didn't need it anymore.... WRONG!!! I have been "heavy" my whole life. Was a big kid, a bigger, teenager, and the biggest yet as a young adult. I was always active so health issues, besides the weight, were unknown to me. Last year I hit my all time highest weight at 275 and thought MY GOD WOMAN what are you doing! To that I dusted off my cover of protein power and read it again cover to cover. Then I saw PPLP in the bookstore and quickly snachetd it up and read that cover to cover too! And so began my weight loss journey #2. I was lucky that my mom & dad decided to do this with me. We were constantly sharing recipies and good days and bad days. I was going great for a long time. Started the day after Thanksgiving 2001 by my 1 year anniversary to low carb I had dropped 52 pounds and had the full attention of my doctor & medical staff. Actually her idea how cool is that?? A dr. that is actually pro low carb!!! My bloodwork has always been good. Never had any problems with bp, cholesterol, etc etc.. But we could always improve right??? Well right I did. Cholesterol went from 191 to 145 BP went down as well (sorry cant remember exactly) anyway I was in great shape. I had been working out religiously 5-6 days a week........ Then it happened. THanksgiving hit and I blew it. BAD Managed to stay off plan from Turkey day to February... gaining 20 pounds back How could this happen?? I worked a whole year loosing 52 pounds and in 2 short months I managed to put 20 back. So not far. I was mad.... But not mad enough to do anything about it... Then one of the girls in the oficve suggested I try WW with them. BIG MISTAKE!!!! In 8 weeks religiously following WW I gained another 11 pounds and my bp went up my cholesterol went up I was a mess. Went to my Doctor in a daze almost in tears asking for her help. Not to mention the bouts of hypoglycemia I was facing on WW. It was horrible... Fuzzy head, tired all the time, moody (poor hubby) I hated the way I felt and I only got worse.. Well after seeing my doc she was very concerned. She, like me, missed the peppy, eneregetic, person who she had sen the year before. "Enough is enough" she said "I am ordering you back to low carb! You body loves low carb so why not do what it likes!! You tried WW it didn't work and you didn't like it... You will never stick with something you dont enjoy... (smart doc huh?)a nd according to your blood work your body didn't like it either." The weight is not a health issues for me though believe me I have plenty!!!! But if I didn't get back to my low carb eating it was gong to become a problem..... So I left her office and vowed to go back to my lc life. I have since lost 5 of those pounds. I feel good again. I sleep MUCH better I have energy all day I'm not hungry and my brain is clear. That brings me to you.... I have lurked around this website throughout all my low carb troubles and triumph but never posted much... I have used many many of the wonderful recipies in here but never posted much else... I was a member of the bikini countdown club but that goal was soooo far away for me I just felt overwhelmed... So here I am back in the saddle and learning that I need to be around those more my speed. My goal as you see is <175... I have never been there before.. In fact I truly can't remember being under 200. When I get there I may find that I need to lose more but I'll make that decision when it comes. For now I just need the help & support of anyone willing to give it to make this my lasting & forever comittment to myself. I will be starting a journal soon too. Never did that last time and I truly think it will help. This time of year is easy for me to be in touch but I work in transportation and once the fall hits when HEAVY production & shipping I can REALLY get behind. I am vowing this year that wont happen. I need this support to keep me going all year round!!! So sorry to ramble on but this is my story and I'm sticking to it!

Thanks for listening!

Jessie
Sponsored Links