Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/173/150 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:40.4+/37.1/ ?
Progress: 65%
Question Wording on Site?

Dear Forum Moderator(s):
Hello!
You know how on the Atkins forum there is always discussion about how this is NOT a "diet" but a WOE or WOL (way of eating or life?) This attitude really helps those of us who have failed so many previous "diets" and it also makes one orient toward changing their lifestyle and hopefully smooths the road toward maintenance and a lifetime of keeping the weight off. (As moderator and around here awhile, I'm sure you're more knowledgeable about this than I am even!)
Anyway, this may seem a bit petty and frivolous, but I often wonder when I go from the site homepage into the next screen where all the different forum choices are, why it says 'Atkins "DIET"? I know it is minor but everytime I see that it seems like the site isn't consistent and I try not to take in that 'diet' concept when I click on it!! Could it possibly be changed to 'Atkin's Plan', 'Atkins Program', 'Atkins " or something? (Also, other programs listed with it do not say "diet", for example, it says 'Protein Power', rather than 'Protein Power Diet', etc.)
Just wondering as I work hard not to think of myself on a "diet" ever again, and then right here on THIS FANTASTIC SITE (which has helped me SOOOOO MMMMuch) I see the implication that I am still on another 'diet'.
I know it may seem petty, but I've been meaning to ask someone for quite a while and today did!
Thanks for your thoughts on this. And, mostly, thanks for keeping this site going and helping thousands of us every day!!!(I can barely get my kids lunches made some mornings as I get up and read the interesting new posts right out of bed to start the day with LOTS of info, support and positive outlook!! It's working great!!! THANKS!
Cheers,
Sponsored Links