View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 15:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/153.5/120
BF:29
Progress: 16%

I dunno, I have been taking potassium/mag/zinc supplements since I started induction. I read elsewhere that too MUCH potassium can also cause the arrythmia. So I tried to take just magnesium, 1200 mg and that seemed to have a dampening effect, but not totally. I still am having the skips. I, too, felt really good initially, this is only in the past 4 days.

I'm going to ask my dad what he thinks, he has had 2 triple-bypasses. As a 28-year old, non-smoking, not-much-of-a-drinker, running female who doesn't naturally eat a lot of red meat or creamy things, I am perplexed, and hoping that I wasn't unlucky enough to inherit some kind of condition. Even though my dad was a 2-pack a day, lazy, boozing chocoholic! (god that makes him sound terrible!!!!)

EDIT: oh my god, I just looked at the vitamin bottle... it is NOT potass/mag/zinc... it is CALCIUM/mag/zinc. good lord. I am going out right now to get potassium. All this time I was sure I was supplementing. This would also explain the muscle fatigue when I'm running.