View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 11:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 257/234/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 21%

this is what I was talking about. I hope it helps.

I know taking potassium supplements are extremely important (along with calcium & mag) while LCing...but before today, I never know how IMPORTANT!!

DH went right to his dr today after experiencing some discomfort in his chest. The EKG had discovered an irregular heart rhythm and was given appropriate meds. (One of which was potassium).

We all know low levels of potassium causes leg/muscle cramps, but the pharmacist reminded me that the heart is considered a muscle and without proper potassium levels, it will not function properly and can...and will... fall out of sinus rhythm. (Not a good thing!)

When I asked DH about the potassium supplements I bought for him to take.....he forgot to take them for the last couple weeks!!

I pass this on just FYI. DON'T FORGET TO TAKE YOUR POTASSIUM!! You may experience more than just leg cramps without it !!!

Deb

I think this may be my problem. I am going to get some potassium. I used to get really bad leg cramps before when Iwas on this diet and I used that light salt which had a lot of potassium in it. Maybe that is why I didn't have the palipations before. It is worth a try.

Let me know what you think.

Karen