View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-12-00, 19:45

Plan:
Stats: 120/110/105
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for all the advise. I'm going to try that new low-carb bread when I get some extra ingredients. That was part of my problem. I started adding the occasional slice or two of whole wheat bread to my breakfast because I didn't like any of the low-carb bread. Is there a difference between whey protein powder (which is in the bread recipe) and whey protein isolate powder?

So in answer to Tamarian, I started to add back the occasional bread, potatoes, and wine. I've stayed away from the pasta and rice though. I think my biggest problem is that being tired or rushed I look for convenience foods and of course most of them have high carbs. I also found that I gain much easier than my husband. He lost a lot of weight on the diet as well but now that he's maintaining it it seems he can eat almost anything and not gain. For a while even when he was having his occasional bread and potatoes and other things he was still losing! Some people have it really easy!

Those low-carb bars have saved me from going off the deep end and losing control entirely though!

And thanks Doreen about the tip of eating protein with every meal. Some of the mistakes I've made is when I'm not hungry I'll just eat an apple instead of stopping to eat anything with protein. I've really fallen off the wagon here! I'm almost thinking of going back on the induction diet just to conquer my cravings again and get back on track.