View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 23:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/148/148 Male 68
BF:23%/15.3%/15%
Progress: 100%
Default Fitday question about custom recipes

One thing I like about Fitday is the custom food feature, so you can add a food item that isn't on the "menu", so to speak.

However, I've run into a problem trying to do something, and I'm wondering if anyone here has a clever solution.

I see lots of wonderful recipes posted here, but I'm always hesitant about trying them without knowing the full nutritional info for the end product. So, what I want to do is create a <i>custom recipe</i> for a dish, that is complete with serving size and all nutritional information, including vitamens and minerals. I could then add this info as a <i>custom food</i>. So far as I can tell, Fitday doesn't have a custom recipe feature (though they should! )

I can certainly add all the recipe ingredients to a blank day, and get total carbs, fat and protein, but the main chart on the FOODS page doesn't show <i>all</i> the nutritional info. I can get other info from the various charts available on the REPORTS page, but it's really quite a pain, and time consuming. Then I have to delete the stuff for that day, otherwise it will mess up my stats.

There's got to be an easier way... Anyone else wondered about this, and found a solution? Or am I just weird? lol
Sponsored Links