View Single Post
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 06:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/127.2/123 Female 5'1&1/2"
BF:
Progress: 92%
Thumbs up WOW!!

Just found this thread and have been sitting here for a long time to read through it!
To start with I wanted to add myself here as it is interesting reading, but I noticed not one entry says that people are taking Atkins #3. I started taking it after I stalled after a 30 lb. weight loss. I have dropped 10 more lbs. and truly feel taking 3 X day has been a big help. So, maybe some of you will find this helpful! I hope so.
Well I am 60 years old. Started low carbing in Nov. Feel better than ever, and am SO glad to not always be thinking about food!!
I gained all my extra weight as follows: Quit cigarette smoking in 1985, that put 20 lbs. on in no time. Each year my weight kept creeping up since. There seemed to be no end to it. Then one day I stepped on the scale, (which I hadn't done much), and my eyeballs almost fell out of my head......I couldn't believe what I saw!! And I mean I was SHOCKED!! It was a real reality check for me!
Well I had even spent a winter as a vegetarian and no weight loss, but I love fruits & veggies, so the eating was good tho..lol. So at this point I figured I better do something different, totally than I had ever done. So here I am today and it is the best thing I have ever done for myself!! I feel so much better, look better, and the BIG reward was I no longer am on BP meds. Ta Daa!!
Spent a lot of time sitting at puter here , have to get off now, but will check back soon.