View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 06:08

Plan: Hybrid
Stats: 181/157/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 47%

I used to do well on mostly steaks and green veggies. But now I can be almost done with a large rare steak with spinach or other greens and actually be starving. You know that feeling? Like almost hungrier that when I started. Now obviously, my stomach is not empty, but it is a craving, none the less. If I add about 15g of starchy carb (which is hard to do on paleo) that shaky/craving goes away. A couple of Bran-a-Crisp crackers does it.

I don't get it.

I screwed up my body by going high complex carb/ultra low fat. Did that for about 4 years before the light went on. Then I went on low carb, lost 15 lbs right away and felt TONS better. Now, I've stayed there for a couple of years. I'd like to lose another 10 at least, maybe 15-20, but I can't seem to find the right mix to make that happen, and still feel good. If I don't add the carbs (and I hate grains/potatoes) I don't feel well, no energy, that still hungry feeling...but if I do eat them, I don't lose.

I don't eat near as much steak as I used to, don't crave it so much anymore. I eat much more chicken. Really don't like fish.

This WOL sures takes a lot of tweaking, for me, anyway. Finding the right mix is a challenge!

Good luck to you!

Amy