View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 04:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 68/?/60 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress:

Hi Bobbst,

I know what you mean about carbs. I was a strict vegetarian lowfatter until 2months ago when I attempted atkins. Since then I have included fish, eggs and cheese to my diet, not possible to eat meat, don't think I could stomach it.

But I understand about it not being a WOL for you. It's very difficult to adjust to a lowcarb lifestyle when I don't love meat and I've been used to grains for the last 9 years in my life.

It is hard, but I do feel better eating lowcarb so far, I am a carboholic and do get all the bad symptoms when I consume breads and sugar.

You need to judge for yourself what makes you feel good. If you can't see your future WOE as lowcarb then no one can tell you what you should or shouldn't do.

For me it's a real struggle because my boyfriend is vegetarian and we can't really enjoy the same things anymore.

I have 18pounds to lose, so if I get there I will re-evaluate how I'm feeling and see what other LC program would suit me. For now though I'm sticking to atkins and see if I can rid myself of my sugar cravings.

goodluck to you and to all who find themselves in a similar dilemma.

cathie