View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 23:22

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 257/239/220 Female 5ft. 7 1/2in.
BF:
Progress: 49%
Smile Daisyduke

I like sugar free jello too but Atkins has a recipe book out ---actually two books that have a lot of good recipes. Have you tried the pork skins yet?? The smell almosts gags me but you can crush them up with a rolling pin and make a mock french toast. The recipe is as follows-- I got it off of one of the sites--- 2 eggs---1/4 cup heavy whipping cream----3 packages of splenda ----Cinnamon to taste and 1/2 bag of a 3 oz. bag of pork skins. 1) mix eggs, cream,sweetner and cinnamon together. 2) Add crushed pork skins. 3) allow to soak until mixture looks thick and goopy (3-5min.) 4) Fry like a pancake in butter until browned--flip over. Cook till as done as you would french toast.---Serve with sugar free--Low carb syrup and butter .
Home made syrup-------Cream butter until soft or melt in pan or microwave. Add maple extract and sweeten to taste with splenda . Hope this helps you out . I added extra cinnamon to make sure I didn't taste the pigskins and believe it or not it really did taste pretty good. Hope this helps.. Aleka