Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 21:01

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

Thanks you wonderful women

Quote:
Originally posted by wcollier

She does mention that low cortisol levels make it impossible to burn off fat weight.

That would really explain a lot. I have truly busted my rear doing BFL for the longest with amazingly limited results - pretty much no fat loss. I mean I was totally into it. I COULD lose 5 lbs or so but NEVER fat weight, always lean body mass. My buddy who started at least 6 months after me and with a much lower protein diet (totally veggie + high carbs) had significantly better results. It's truly astounding that my fat percentage is still around 30 - 32%.

I'm going to find this book tomorrow.

I guess a part of my question was, does the book list possible symptoms of these various maladies that are particular ONLY to cortisol, for instance. Like, I have allergies, etc., etc. but one of many conditions could contribute to their manifestation. Is there a list that says," If your idiotic body holds on to your blubber like a drowning rat holds onto a life raft, then you probably have low cortisol."

I'm THIRSTY for info!! I was so perplexed that my SP book didn't address the stuff you talk about, Wanda. So glad to finally realize I needed YET ANOTHER book!

I WILL get to the bottom of this maze!!!

Nitey NIte,
Jinx