View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 20:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/182/175
BF:
Progress: 74%

Well, i have been on the Atkins induction diet for a little over 2 weeks now, and intend to continue it for another 2 weeks as i have lost at least 10 pounds and another 10 will almost have me at my goal.
I did however cheat on the 15th day of my diet. I was at a Birthday party and actually some of the incredibly sugary birthday cake. And dont you think i wasnt wracked with guilt about it. But it seems it didnt affect me too badly.
I certainly didnt lose any weight that day, and i figure the late night at clubs and such musta burned it out of my system before it could do any harm. I did however feel an almost hangover the next day which i can only attribute to the sugar blast my body got as i had totally avoided all alcohol that night.
Anyway, have been back to LC'ing for 3 days and the weight is dropping again.
I am only new to this and have very little experience. But it does strike me that the cheating theory can be fraught with danger. I am sure ppl with naturally high metabolisms could have a cheat day and barely notice a blip. While other people could be set back in a serious way for a week or even longer. Particularly if the carbs get a grip on your appetite again.