#4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 14:51
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 200/200/145 Female 5'5"
BF:?/?/22
Progress: 0%

Cinner,

I don't use a lot of low carb specialty items (mostly due to cost and how I react to them). The main things I use are protein powder and la tortilla low carb tortillas (my hubby can't seem to get by without them). The lc tortillas were off our menu for awhile, but now there are a couple of places to get them online within Canada, so I do that. If you want protein bars or lc chocolate bars (they make me stall and/or crave if I eat them often) you can find them at GNC, Nature's Own and Nutrition House. I love lc chocolate but due to the price and resulting bathroom difficulties, rarely indulge. Pork rinds are at Zellers or Loblaws (some Loblaws anyway). Oh and if you're lucky you can find diet orange crush and diet cream soda (made with splenda instead of aspartame) at some Loeb stores. And on very special occasions I buy no sugar added ice cream at Loblaws (Legend - is that Nestle? not sure) but they have one called chocolate dream or something like that... a little carby, but kills the craving.

If there is anything in particular you are trying to find around here, let me know and I might have ideas. The best plan (especially starting out), is to stick to foods that are the least processed possible (meat and veggies) and get the cravings out of your system.

Good luck!