#4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 14:21
Registered Member

Plan: CAD-Atkins
Stats: 155/148/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Hi Leenie,
Eek, I think you're waiting too long to eat between waking up and getting to work - that's 4.5 hours of being active on an empty stomach! No wonder you're starving by 9am. Perhaps you should eat breakfast at 6:30am (see the recipes section for quick, grabable ideas), lunch at 11:30, an afternoon snack (just a small one, celery and cheese, perhaps) at 4 or so and then you can have dinner later without that starving, eat everything (esp carbs) feeling.

You might want to look at the Schwarzbein Principle plan, which allows carbs to be stretched across 5 meals/snacks throughout the day. I did CAD for a long time but with higher carb cms than normal and realized not long ago that I'd actually be following Schwarzbein without knowing it... And, believe me, I'm a carb addict too. Yet Schwarzbein works for me, even though I do in in a CADish way, that is, I don't usually have snacks (maybe one in afternoon if I've been really active) and have been able to manage eating every 4.5 - 5 hours without feeling hungry in between. If I do feel hungry (usually false hunger), I drink water or tea and feel better.

I hope you find a plan that works for you
Robyn