View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 07:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/190/140
BF:31
Progress: 17%
Default Salsa

Yes, I am a fool for salsa - it is nice on eggs as a dip with pork rinds and for me, something I can just eat out of a dish. You can make almost any kind of salsa in the world by just adding the ingredients you like to a blender and let 'er rip!

One of my favorites is to find a low carb canned tomato - one that processes with the least sugar, add a little chopped onion, a little chopped jalepeno and a little chopped cilantro - blend until it is a consistency you like in a blender. This produces a salsa most like the "canned stuff" and "jar stuff" you know that one that comes form "New York City!" - Paces.

Even better, though is one made from fresh tomatoes, adding your own favorite herbs, onions peppers etc. Add a little of the jalepeno vinegar before blending for a nice taste of a bit of red wine vinegar. Enjoy!

About the only thing that works on Atkins is to know exactly what is in what you are eating. You either memorize the carb chart - which is not that difficult or you carry a carb counter. Always Read every product you put in your mouth to determine if is has sugar or carbs. If you do that, you will always be safe.

Hope this helps. Joy