View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 07:03

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 135/123.0/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

Yes, Donna, you got it! The carbs from fiber are subtracted from the total carb count to give you the net carbs or ECC (effective carb count). So start eating your veggies. Also, if you push your daily net carb count closer to 20g with veggies, you might see some weightloss (believe it or not, veggies do help with weightloss). I remember reading somewhere in DANDR that Dr. A. opted for 20g vs. 0g. because people lost the same amount of weight at 20g vs. 0g and he thought 20g a day would provide greater enjoyment and it would be more sustainable. Not to contradict myself there, I'm telling you to push your carbs closer to 20g and Dr. A. thought weightloss was the same at 20g vs. 0g. But, I just think your body has "grown accustomed" to the meat, cheese, and eggs coming in. I also think veggies would help shake things up in a very legal way.

As for water, you've read all the different threads touting its importance, so I won't harp on water (but it could help you lose weight). Good luck on your LC journey!!!

EDIT: The cabbage sounds great, but my four year-old would walk in the kitchen plugging her nose, complaining about the smell. LOL. She does that when I cook cauliflower.