View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 19:50

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Next on the list is asparagus. I'll let you know how that goes...

Try wrapping 5 or 6 medium thick spears of asparagus in a slice of bacon and roasting it in the oven at about 375 degrees for half an hour or until the spears are tender. Serve with a splash of lemon juice, if desired. Wonderful stuff!

Good for you on trying to find veggies that you can eat and get past your dislike for them. Keep trying different veggies and different ways of preparing them until you find some that you can at least tolerate even if you don't exactly love them at first. I've heard it said that you really need to taste something more than 2 dozen times (or was it 4?) before you can honestly say that you don't like it...you need to give your taste buds time to adjust to a new taste before you can decide if you really like it or not. This is probably why I make my kids at least take a bite of everything even if they've had it before. My motto to them: "You have to at least try it before you say yuck! even if you've had it before. Tastes change and this time you might find that you like it."