View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 18:30

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Thumbs up You bet!

I'm so happy to see lots of people posting in this forum at last. It's was kind of quiet for awhile.

Well DaVinci, I've lost more than 20 pounds so far, staring back in January and just singing along without any really serious setbacks at all. I lost a pound a day for the first couple of weeks until I was at about 12 pounds loss, then I plateaued for a month or so. Now I drop about a pound a week is all, but it's nice and steady and I'm very close to my goal without ever having felt deprived or having to count or track anything. I know I could lose faster if I didn't eat such high calroie snacks, but the loss is nice and steady and I don't cheat when I'm eating whatever I want, so I'd rather lose a little slower and stay happy.

My hubby was so pleased with my success that he started Somersizing on Easter and has lost 13 pounds as of today! I've gotta say he's pretty whiney about not being able to have what he wants when he wants it and he hasn't complained much at all about this WOE. Just the reverse, he LOVES the food we eat. He misses his beer and caffeine, but is adjusting to the latter and once we hit our goals we'll probably put an ounce of alcohol a day back into our diets to be heart helathy.

Go ahead and give this a try. I think you'll really like it!

Another good place to visit, if you haven't already, is the Suzanne Somers site. She has a message board on there under "Discussions" I kind of like this place better though, as it seems more laid back to me and easier to use. Both sites have great recipes, but hers are specific to Somersizing, which is nice.

Good luck with whatever plan you choose!

MB