View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 08:38

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Probably not much at all

You said yesterday you ate 33 carbs and 900 cals? So first off, you're starving, and there's a reasonably higher-than-normal proportion of carbs to protein/fat which would make me a little shaky, and then you hit all the fun hormonal stuff, and you snarf a chocolate bar which is still probably only 280 cals and a load of fat. And I know calories aren't the focus here, but I also know, starving is starving.

Sigh. Sounds like it's time to start the day over. Not necessarily with the carb count, but at least with the attitude and self-abnegation. Eat a steak. With butter.

It takes 3400 cals to gain a pound of fat.

Walks on the beach are the best attitude resetter I've ever found. Something about waves and tide remind me that no matter what disaster is facing me, the world's going to keep going on and the sun will come up again.

Whole 'nother train about what it means when my normally-literate mind reads something deliberately wrong* like missing chol. for carbs, and I'd be inclined to think maybe I needed the choc. hit. It's related to dopamine; could be a brain chemistry thing too. Not that I get to make a way of life out of it, but I also have to acknowledge that sometimes my body has a deeper wisdom.

*Most obviously, misreading flight# for gate the last time I flew, and missing the plane because I was waiting at the wrong gate, and I didn't want to be going there in the first place...