Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lilly
...Organize your eating
...Make eating a conscious activity
...Identify why you eat out of emotion
...Use temptation to change your life
...Change unwanted behavior

Such good advice!

Your list truly represents the hallmark of succes with this WOE, at least from my experience so far.

Organizing your eating and making eating a conscious activity are <b>so</b> important. Having the appropriate foods on hand, and planning when and how much to eat, is critical, and reduces the probability of falling into trouble with points 3, 4 and 5.

A little anecdote: I recently went to my 6yo's kindergarden class "end of school show". It was early, and we were a bit rushed getting him and my 4yo ready to go, and I just didn't have time to think about eating. Fortunately, I had some prepared celery sticks w/ cream cheese in the refridgerator, and grabbed half a dozen before leaving. Even so, I was not prepared for the onslaught of "temptation" that greeted me when we arrived at the school. Danishes, muffins, banana bread, big bowls of fresh fruit... ugh... But, I didn't cheat, and didn't let it bother me. Instead, turned my mind to how yummy those celery sticks with cream cheese were. lol...